Beauty from Within
We all know that a healthy skin routine includes consistent skin care with quality products, regular treatments, copious amounts of water and lots of sleep.
But did you know that certain foods can also give you the glow you’re looking for?
Some of the most beneficial active ingredients in skin care products include anti-oxidants, Vitamin A (retinol), Vitamin C, Vitamin E and CoEnzyme Q10. So it makes sense that a diet high in these nutrients will also result in healthy skin.
So the next time you’re in the grocery shop, add the following foods to your basket for a youthful boost:
• Anti-oxidant rich foods: colourful fruits and vegetables like berries, tomatoes, apricots, beets, squash, spinach, sweet potatoes, tangerines, peppers, and beans (Good for preventing and reversing skin damage from free radicals in the environment)
• Vitamin A rich foods - carrots, sweet potatoes, oranges, eggs and liver (Retinoids are commonly used to fight signs of ageing, pigmentation and acne)
• Vitamin C rich foods - citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwis, bell peppers and broccoli (Brightens and protects skin against sun damage)
• Vitamin E rich foods - nuts, seeds, olives and asparagus (Boost skin healing as it is an anti-oxidant with potent anti-inflammatory properties)
• CoEnzyme Q10 rich foods - salmon, tuna, poultry, organ meats and whole grains (CoE Q10 is involved in production of energy and helping your cells work effectively, therefore is very effective against signs of ageing)
• Green tea is another great way to incorporate anti oxidants into your diet.
• Healthy fats (olive oil, avocados, oily fish) are full of essential fatty acids that make up your skin’s natural barrier and protects against dryness and blemishes.
Doctor’s tip: adding these delicious and nutritious foods to your meals will not only make you more beautiful but will also improve your general health, energy levels and digestion. A win-win solution.
Au revoir dull skin!